Our client, a financial services firm is looking for a Behavioral Researcher for their Mumbai office.
- Conduct new research on individual financial behavior, applying a behavioral lens to financial decisions including retirement planning, investing, risk tolerance, and spending and savings behavior.
- Work with the marketing, product, and research teams to identify and solve pressing questions around financial behavior and to put the answers into practice.
- Partner with the team to design, execute, and analyze large-scale digital experiments to test your ideas; Morningstar interacts with millions of individual investors and their advisors.
- Run statistical analyses to rigorously determine the impact of your interventions, then write up the results for academic audiences and for the public.
- Publicize your results – in the media, in papers, and at conferences.
- Postgraduate training in psychology, behavioral economics, behavioral finance or related fields.
- At least two years of experience using Python, R, STATA or a similar statistical language.
- Demonstrated expertise in statistical methods for social science research, such as regressions, machine learning, ANOVA, survey analysis, experimental design, and analysis.
- Experience conducting theory-based, empirical research, especially for financial decisions is ideal.
- Experience in the investing and/or financial planning fields are a plus.
- Experience with product development is useful.
- Demonstrated ability writing about behavioral research for a general audience.
- Experience and enjoyment with public speaking are great, but not necessarily required.
- Independent, creative thinker with a strong interest in financial behavior.