Our client, a global asset manager is looking for a Compliance Manager for their Mumbai office to assist the Global Investment & Trade Compliance Team in the oversight of compliance of the asset management business and specifically the provisions of relevant securities laws. The successful candidate should be able to monitor client portfolios and perform the daily compliance of the asset management business in accordance with the relevant internal policies and procedures.
- Monitor and resolve Bloomberg AIM (BBG) and Sentry PM post-trade alerts for portfolios and funds.
- Regularly interact with Portfolio Managers and other staff to assist in resolving compliance-related issues.
- Work together with Middle Office, BBG Administrators and BBG Representatives to resolve data and system issues.
- Thoroughly review client documents and extract compliance restrictions from the incorporated guidelines.
- Code, test and implement BBG and Sentry PM compliance rules derived from client guidelines, regulatory restrictions and internal mandates.
- Provide support gathering information needed to conduct reviews on client portfolio adherence with investment guidelines and restrictions.
- Review initial contracts/prospectuses and subsequent updates and provide feedback on the monitoring capabilities.
- Perform various trade compliance reviews (e.g. fair allocation, trade authorization, account, and best execution reviews).
- Monitor soft dollar activity.
- Assist on special projects and ad hoc assignments.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 7 to 10 years of relevant work experience.
- Must be familiar with utilizing a portfolio trade monitoring system in the operations of a registered investment adviser, bank, asset management department, hedge fund or other financial institution.
- Experience with Bloomberg AIM and Sentry PM significant plus.
- Basic understanding of the Investment Advisers Act of 1940, Investment Company Act of 1940, ERISA or awareness of other federal regulatory statutes and laws.
- Prior experience reviewing investment management agreements or prospectuses.
- Good understanding of back office procedures.
- Strong proficiency with PowerPoint and Excel required, including experience using MS Office software.
- Excellent attention to detail with a sense of urgency and follow-through.
- Strong ability to interact effectively with peers.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.