Our client, a global diversified conglomerate is looking for a Data Scientist - SME/Hadoop for their office in Mumbai on a 1 year renewable contract. Candidates must have 3-8 years of relevant experience.
- Should have extremely good knowledge on SDLC processes.
- Should possess sound knowledge on IT Application architecture, Design methodologies across multiple platforms.
- Should have good grip on non-functional areas like performance, scalability studies, human interaction, software ergonomics.
- Commitment to quality.
- Should have clarity on what business wants and ability to transform wants to results.
- Thought provocative leader with critical reasoning skills, Decision making skills
- Proficiency in statistical and other tools/languages - R, S-plus, SAS, STATA, Python, Java, Scala
- Experience in various statistical and machine learning models, data mining, unstructured data analytics in corporate or academic research environments
- Proven background in at least one of the following - Reliability models, Markov Models, Stochastic models, Bayesian Modeling, Classification Models, Cluster Analysis,
- Neural Network, Non-parametric Methods, Multivariate Statistics
- Handson experience - Kafka, Elastic Search, Apache Hive, Spark, Storm, MapReduce, Couchbase, Hadoop, and Cassandra.
- Experience on (Oracle, SQL Server & NO-SQL database).
- Hands on experience on OOP languages and data structure.
- Experience working on tools like Slack, Kibana, Grafana, pinpoint, zoomdata etc.
- Develop and maintain an Amazon AWS / IBM Bluemix based cloud solution.