Our client, a leading American hedge fund is looking for Data Scientist for their Singapore/New York office.
This exceptional individual will be a member of a small team of Data Scientists who play a vital role in ensuring the smooth day-to-day implementation of large research infrastructure, and the live production trading of billions of dollars of capital across global capital markets, including equities, futures, options and other financial instruments.
- Identification of new data sets.
- Engaging with vendors to understand the characteristics of datasets.
- Building processes and technology tools to ingest, tag and clean datasets.
- Analysis of datasets to generate descriptive statistics and propose potential applications of data.
- Research of potential “alpha signals” for presentation to Portfolio Managers.
- Monitoring and enhancing automated data collection and cleansing infrastructure.
- Research on new technologies for improved data management and efficient retrieval.
- Ph.D. in computer science, mathematics, physics, statistics or another discipline involving rigorous quantitative analysis techniques.
- At least 1 year of experience as a Data Scientist, quantitative researcher or in a similar role.
- Experience working with large data sets, including classification, regression, distribution analysis, and predictive modeling.
- Experience applying statistical tests to large datasets.
- Programming skills in SQL, TSQL, SQL Server or PL-SQL.
- Programming skills in Python and at least one of C#, C++, or Java.
- Financial industry experience preferred but not required.
- Experience dealing with intraday, tick and order book data a plus.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Intellectual curiosity and a love of learning.
- Attention to detail and a love of process.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.