A leading international hedge fund and quantitative investment management firm is looking for a Data Scientist for their Mumbai office.
This is a highly unique opportunity for a Data Scientist to join a new and rapidly growing team. In this role, you will partner with our close-knit team of quantitative researchers, data engineers, technologists and data sourcing colleagues to analyze and enrich a broad range of structured and unstructured big data.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Enriching a wide range of structured and unstructured data into datasets for quantitative analysis
- Enhancing data quality & integrity via a process orientated approach; developing validation tools to measure the effectiveness of data enrichment; taking full ownership of end-to-end data workflows
- Becoming a domain expert on different fundamental datasets, analyzing & understanding the underlying dynamics and behaviours within the data
- Communicating data-driven analysis and insights to the team
- Developing the utility tools that can further automate the software development, testing and deployment workflow, that facilitate the team’s research efforts
- Using your expertise to provide technical support for global researchers, including diagnosing root causes of technical problems and proposing solutions to developers
What You’ll Bring
- At least 2 - 3 years of experience as a data scientist or data engineer
- Practical experience with and theoretical understanding of algorithms for regression, clustering, and anomaly detection.
- Demonstrated ability to implement data science pipelines and real-time applications in a general programming language such as Python and C++.
- Experience with Linux/Unix shell and Git.
- Excellent presentation and visualization skills using Jupyter Notebooks, Matplotlib, Seaborn, Plotly, Dash, Tableau etc.
- Strong academic background – minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a technical or quantitative field
- Experience in a finance or investing related background preferred
- Excellent communication skills; both written and oral English
- Exceptional analytical & problem-solving abilities, with strong attention to detail
- Motivated by a deep curiosity and passion to learn
Additional Preferred Experience
- Working knowledge of deploying Python applications using Docker and Kubernetes
- Working knowledge of Big Data tools such as Spark/PySpark or Dask.
- Practical experience with time-series forecasting and analysis methods