We're assisting our client in looking for an experienced MySQL Database Administrator to help manage and build out their database environment.
- Deploy, administer, and maintain production MySQL databases and their lower environment counterparts
- Troubleshoot, monitor, and optimise performance issues, such as queries or processes.
- Collaborate with Engineering teams on database schema design and performance.
- Deploy schema changes to production databases.
- Participate in 24/7 DBA team on-call rotation for production databases.
- Be highly motivated and maintain a positive, 'can-do' attitude in a fast moving start-up
- 3+ years of production MySQL database administration (5.5+) in a live-traffic, large replicated database environment.
- Good understanding of MySQL architecture and management, and InnoDB storage engine
- Critical thinker and problem solver, with good attention to detail
- Strong communication skills for working with various international teams (US, India, Germany, UK)
- Self-starter and quick learner, able to work with minimal supervision
- Proficient with Linux variants like CentOS/RHEL
- Team player with the ability to work collaboratively and effectively with a range of stakeholders
Good to have:
- Knowledge of developing trends and emerging standards in relevant fields
- Understanding of the software development life-cycle
- Keen eye and foresight to anticipating potential performance/problem areas
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools and Big Data are a plus
- Experience with AWS Redshift, Hadoop technologies, Pentaho (now Hitachi Vantara)
- Knowledge/experience with Continuent Tungsten, or other replication/clustering technology.
- Experience with Multi-site Active-active database topologies.