Our client, a Product Development firm is looking for an experienced MySQL DBA to help manage and build their database environment.
• Deploy, administer, and maintain production MySQL databases and their lower environment counterparts
• Troubleshoot, monitor, and optimise performance issues, such as queries or processes.
• Collaborate with Engineering teams on database schema design and performance.
• Deploy schema changes to production databases.
• Participate in 24/7 DBA team on-call rotation for production databases.
• Be highly motivated and maintain a positive, 'can-do' attitude in a fast moving start-up
• 3+ years of production MySQL database administration (5.5+) in a live-traffic, large replicated database environment.
• Good understanding of MySQL architecture and management, and InnoDB storage engine
• Critical thinker and problem solver, with good attention to detail
• Strong communication skills for working with various international teams (US, India, Germany, UK)
• Self-starter and quick learner, able to work with minimal supervision
• Proficient with Linux variants like CentOS/RHEL
• Team player with the ability to work collaboratively and effectively with a range of stakeholders
Good to have:
• Knowledge of developing trends and emerging standards in relevant fields
• Understanding of the software development life-cycle
• Keen eye and foresight to anticipating potential performance/problem areas
• Experience with Business Intelligence tools and Big Data are a plus
• Experience with AWS Redshift, Hadoop technologies, Pentaho (now Hitachi Vantara)
• Knowledge/experience with Continuent Tungsten, or other replication/clustering technology.
• Experience with Multi-site Active-active database topologies.