The Role (include, but not limited to the following):
This role is primarily focused on research and building Alphas. Understand and develop a thorough understanding of the equity markets and the sectors/companies assigned. Conduct detailed research on assigned sectors/companies and generate Alphas through extensive back-testing – leveraging our simulation infrastructure. Specialize in a sector by codifying industry-wide analysis for that sector. Assist our Deep Research team in developing/maintaining/updating databases and KPIs for that sector.
What You’ll Bring:
- 1-4 years of equity research/ financial modelling experience in the investment banking industry.
- Cleared at least Level I of the CFA program or familiarity with methods of analysis.
- Proficient in coding in C/C++.
- Education background - IIT/IIT+IIM preferred.
- Excellent communications skills (both written and oral English).
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills encompassing finance and related areas of financial investment.
- Thorough understanding about various valuation approaches and methods.
- Familiarity with various research/database platforms (Bloomberg, Reuters etc.).
- Sector experience within candidates with research experience as an e.g. in banking/financial.
- Services/oil & petrochemicals /telecom/real estate & construction/ cement/ services sectors will be preferred.