Our client, a high frequency proprietary trading firm are seeking a creative DevOps Engineer to design and implement world-class infrastructure tools for our C++ developers on our Core Engineering team.
The role involves combining cutting-edge open source and proprietary technology to create fast C++ build systems, supporting tools, and workflows.
The successful candidtate will work closely with our developers and traders to find new ways to push the boundaries of developer productivity.
- Developing, improving, and maintaining C++ coding environment, which is the backbone of our global trading operations
- Proactively assisting other developers in diagnosing and solving coding issues, including issues with the C++ compiler and linker
- Evaluating and adding support for new compilers, linkers, and cutting-edge build tools
- Using dynamic programming languages, such as Lua, Python, and NodeJS, to architect, implement and integrate build software and productivity tools
- Working closely with developers and traders in New York, Gurgaon, and London to improve code quality
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, math, or physics from a top-tier college or university
- Excellent programming skills, including experience with development in dynamic programming languages, knowledge of the C++ compiler and linker, and strong knowledge of Python
- Extremely strong working knowledge of the Linux operating system, especially building C++ software and expertise in scripting languages, such as Bash shell scripting
- Experience with GNU make, Git, Open Source software, Phabricator, Elasticsearch, and Docker (preferred)