We're currently assisting our client, a proprietary trading firm in looking for a DevOps Engineer for their office in Mumbai/Bangalore and Hong Kong.
- Responsible for providing Application Support to various internally developed and commercial applications used by the organization including clustering.
- Understand application and business functionality and use technical and analytical expertise to locate and resolve problems.
- Deploy - Coordinate and deploy automated build and releases into various environments, applications and processes.
- Operate - Works with the rest of the IT team to ensure that all systems are performing at an optimal level.
- Create and maintain support documentation on a continuous basis.
- Monitor- Must ensure the system is running smoothly and being monitored, and respond to issues as they arise
Technical skills required: -
- Understanding of the concepts and principles behind DevOps, Continuous Delivery, Agile, Lean, etc.
- Strong experience with automating the processes and applications, using Python to analyse, redesign & automate workflows to optimize various processes.
- Must have a strong knowledge and working experience in Linux and Scripting.
- Providing support during the development cycle, for development and launch of new versions, through use of tools such as Jira, Perforce etc.
- Deploy, operate and monitor issues subsequently
- Experience in development & release environment for C++ & Verilog applications.
- Must have strong knowledge of IT Infrastructure, Networking, Clustering and scripting.
- Professional attitude, co-operative and mature approach to work, must be focused, structured and well considered, troubleshooting skills.
- Must be comfortable with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment.
- Must have strong grasp of automation & Data management tools.
- Bachelor's or Masters Level Degree, preferably in CSC/IT, from Tier -1 / Tier – 2 colleges only.
- 4-10 years of relevant experience, ready to work as an individual contributor.
- Application/Production, enhancement and support.
- Exhibit a high level of individual initiative and ownership, effectively collaborate with other team members.
- Work closely with our development teams from the early stages of design, all the way through identifying and resolving production issues.