We're currently assisting a quantitative trading firm headquartered in New York in looking for a finance manager with a strong technical background or desire to learn in its Shanghai office. This technical person may work with both internal and external developers to design and test the tools and reports created to automate daily cash/position reconciliations, profit reports, and various PRC tax reporting. The candidate will have the opportunity to get exposure to various accounting functions within the company such as fund accounting, management reporting, and financial statement preparation.
- Run automated tools for reconciliation and profit reports, both monthly and on-the-fly. Automated tools can include utilizing Unix commands, SQL queries, and running scripts in Python
- Assist in the creation and design of automated reports requested by management, such as key performance indicators, budgets, etc.
- Daily P&L, cash, and position reconciliations including overseeing commission accruals and payments
- Perform month-end closings procedures consisting of financial statement preparation, cash and position reconciliations, entering income/expense accruals, preparing capital allocation schedules, and sending investor correspondence regarding account balances
- Assist in preparing monthly consolidated financial statements
- Assist with external audits including preparation of financial statements and footnotes under PRC GAAP
- Prepare various PRC tax filings, including quarterly and annual CIT filing, VAT filing, quarterly and monthly IIT filings, and annual RPT form, and other regulatory tax filings
- Perform cash management functions including submitting various bank opening documents, monthly rebalancing of cash accounts, updating cash flow projection, monthly bank reconciliations, capital fund inflow registration, preparation of overseas receipts to the SAFE and fx trades.
- PRC tax invoice (“Fapiao”) issuance
- Administrative work, including standard of procedures drafting, contract/seal management, office leasing, board meeting coordination etc.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, excellent understanding of PRC GAAP, PRC SAFE Regulation, and PRC Tax rules
- 3 - 5 years of experience
- Strong Excel skills, VBA/SQL experience preferred
- Partnership or investment accounting experience is preferred
- Big 4 or large international firm experience a plus
- Excellent communications skills; Fluent in English and Mandarin
- Must be detail oriented
- Must be able to multi-task with strong time management skills
- Flexible in necessary field work, including visiting banks for filing documents etc.