Our client, an affiliate of the high-frequency proprietary trading firm, seeks a Head of Finance Technology with world-class intelligence and excellent technical skills to handle development operations and application support of our Financial systems and infrastructure. This person will join our Core Engineering team.
- Lead and manage a global group that is responsible for the development, application support and operations for financial technology – including General Ledger, Accounting Payables, Procurement, Cash management, Fixed Assets and regulatory and tax reporting modules.
- Identify inefficiencies around data gathering, representation, reporting and associated workflows in the existing systems and processes and deliver short term improvements.
- Be able to envisage, architect, build and deliver the future of financial platform for the firm, in synch with requirements of both existing systems and future new businesses.
- Understanding the specific reporting and analytical needs for different users of the financial data like trading teams, management etc and to be able to build custom reports and analytical tools for their analysis.
- Working closely with team members located in the US, Europe, and Asia, to handle region-specific systems and to provide technology coverage for critical workflows and processes.
- Inspire and work with or manage a team of diverse backgrounds (technologists, operational analysts, finance experts) to achieve excellence and career growth.
The successful candidate will have:
- 8-10+ years of experience in working with Oracle EPM solution, preferably the cloud setup - including expertise in the following modules - General Ledger, Accounting Payables, Procurement, Cash management, Fixed Asset, and FCCS.
- Good understanding of various regulatory and tax reporting requirements for an HFT business (K1 filings, 17H filings, 13F filings etc.). Ability to wire different reports using BI tools would be a must.
- Good working knowledge of the SaaS model - specifically cloud installation of Oracle EPM,
- Program management experience of having architected a financial platform for a similar sized organization.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in leading and managing global teams. Experience in leading HFT/Asset management/Hedge fund industry (preferred)
- Good working knowledge of Linux and a scripting language such as Perl, Python, or shell
- Knowledge of SQL (Must) - preferably Oracle DB.
Additionally, the candidate will be:
- Organized and detail-oriented (extremely important)
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Able to quickly build a technical prototype and able to work in an agile environment.
- Strong communication skills and fluency in English
- Competitive salary
- Five weeks of paid vacation per year
- Lunch and dinner on a daily basis
- Cab facility within Gurgaon
- Health club allowances