We have been advised by our client, a leading Fintech group with a successful blockchain business to assist in their search for a Head of PR and Communication for their Singapore office.
This role will involve global travel and the ideal candidate will be responsible for planning, development, and implementation of all the Organization’s marketing strategies, marketing communications, and public relations activities, both external and internal.
Please find a detailed JD below:
Marketing, communications and public relations:
- A comprehensive marketing, communications, and public relations program that will enhance the Organization’s image and position within the marketplace and the general public, and facilitate internal and external communications; and,
- All Organization marketing, communications, and public relations activities and materials including publications, media relations, client acquisition and so forth.
- Ensure articulation of Organization’s desired image and position, assure consistent communication of image and position throughout the Organization, and assure communication of image and position to all constituencies, both internal and external.
- Responsible for editorial direction, design, production, and distribution of all Organization publications.
- Coordinate media interest in the Organization and ensure regular contact with target media and appropriate response to media requests.
- Coordinate the appearance of all Organization print and electronic materials such as letterhead, use of the logo, brochures, etc.
- Develop, coordinate and oversee programs, technical assistance, and resource materials to assist chapters in the marketing, communications, and positioning of their activities.
- Provide counsel to departments on marketing, communications and public relations.
- Ensure that the Organization regularly conducts relevant market research and coordinate and oversee this activity. Monitor trends.
- Leads projects as assigned, such as cause-related marketing and special events.
- Dealing with inquiries from the public, the press, the community, and related organizations.
- Speaking publicly at interviews, press conferences, and presentations.
- Providing clients with information about new promotional opportunities and current PR campaigns progress.
- Develop and maintain a good relationship in the community.
- Identify opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships, and advertising.
- Conceptualize and implement an external communications strategy that successfully raises Blockchain’s profile.
Planning and budgeting of Depts:
- Responsible for the achievement of the marketing/communications/public relations mission, goals, and financial objectives. Ensure that evaluation systems are in place related to these goals and objectives and report progress to the Executive Director and Board.
- Develop short- and long-term plans and budgets for the marketing/communications/ public relations program and its activities, monitor progress, assure adherence and evaluate performance.
- Recommend short- and long-term Organization goals and objectives to the Executive Director.
- Develop, implement and monitor systems and procedures necessary to the smooth operation of the marketing/communications/public relations function.
- Keep informed of developments in the fields of marketing, communications and public relations, not-for-profit management and governance, [and the specific business of the Organization and use this information to help the Organization operate with initiative and innovation.
- Work with colleagues to develop and maintain a strategic perspective -- based on marketplace and constituent needs and satisfaction -- in corporate direction, program and services, and decision-making; and ensure the overall health and vitality of the Organization.
- Help make sure that the Organization’s philosophy, mission, and vision are pertinent and practiced throughout the organization.
- Act as an internal consultant to bring attention and solutions to institutional priorities.
- Maintain a climate that attracts, retains and motivates top quality personnel
- Recruit, train, appraise, supervise, support, develop, promote and guide qualified staff.
- Ensure effective management within the marketing, communications and public relations function, with provision for succession.
- Design, support and oversee cross-functional teams throughout the Organization.
- Minimum 3 years experience in blockchain industry with roles relevant to PR and communications
- Minimum 5 years track record designing and executing successful public relations campaigns on an international level, as well as working with various agencies
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and personal sales skills.
- Experience developing and managing budgets, and hiring, training, developing, supervising and appraising personnel.
- Strong relationships with businesses and industry media outlets
- Experience overseeing the design and production of print materials and publications.
- Computer literacy in word processing, database management, and page layout.
- Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams.
- Strong oral and written communications skills. And Experience in acting as a company spokesperson; this includes video and print interviews
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time and perform under pressure.
- Bachelors degree in journalism, marketing, public relations preferred. Graduate degree in a related field is desirable.
- Membership in IABC (International Association of Business Communicators) and IABC accreditation are desirable.