The client is a growing real estate firm seeking their first in-house counsel. The company is backed by India's largest housing finance and development group; the founders have over 20 years' experience in this sector.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- To effectively handle and take full responsibility of all legal matters, Including, litigations and matters related to corporate law in line with the principles laid down at Organizational level.
- To take primary responsibility for, litigation cases and proceedings in accordance with the prescribed policy & procedures.
- To support the team through the standard process, and ensure recovery action as appropriate to the customer's circumstances.
- Maintain effective relationships with various counsels, legal /statutory bodies, and stakeholders for effectively handling issues related to legal matters.
- Timely submission of required vetted documents.
- Dealing / negotiating with firms specialising in taking ad-hoc / Contractual / retainer assignments.
- Provide regular reports and updates to Head Legal and to internal functions
Education & Experience Requirement:
- LLB from a Premier Law College
- 10-15 years of experience in legal practice
- Prior experience in corporate real estate, hospitality or renewable energy