Our client, a global proprietary trading firm is looking for a Linux System Engineer for their Hong Kong office.
- The Successful candidate will develop a deep understanding of the firms business and application stack and look for ways to improve their performance.
- Should be able to maintain appropriate patch levels for Operating System and third-party software.
- Resolve Linux server related incidents and perform root-cause analysis and resolution to eliminate recurrence of issues.
- Build instrumentation to provide visibility into the performance of our Linux server infrastructure and the behavior of our applications running on them.
- Perform capacity planning to project server resource utilization and ensure that services which expand their utilization do not cause outages.
Required skill set:
- Have 4+ years of experience with RHEL based Linux systems in a large scale environment.
- Have experience using a configuration management system such as Ansible or Chef to interact with the configuration of Linux systems.
- Be well versed in OS performance optimization for Linux hosts, including kernel tuning, storage and filesystem improvements, etc.
- Have working knowledge and experience with a variety of storage architectures and networking.
- Have native fluency in both bash and python scripting.
- Have experience monitoring the health and performance of Linux servers using a variety of monitoring and time-series analysis tools.
- Have experience with virtualization and containerization in either private or public cloud-scale environments.