We are currently assisting our client, a leading FMCG company in their search for a top Manager – Data Analytics.
The ideal candidate is someone who has experience working on statistical and predictive modelling. Strong programming skills (R or Python or both)
YOUR ROLE SUMMARY:
This role requires the incumbent to evangelize analytics and build data-driven insights that help our cross-functional business teams to drive efficiency in operations and make effective strategic decisions. You will research, design, implement and validate cutting-edge algorithms to analyse diverse sources of data to achieve targeted outcomes. As part of our data science team, you will be the subject matter experts on mathematical concepts and advanced analytics in the organization.
Your role specifications
- Apply advanced statistical and predictive modelling techniques to build, maintain, and improve on multiple decision systems and processes
- Work closely with key functions like marketing, sales, finance, supply chain and manufacturing to understand the complex business scenarios across India & international geographies where analytics can make decisions making more effective
- Translate business requirement into an analytics problem statement and expected an outcome
- Makes strategic recommendations on business problems leveraging data
- Be the change agent who educates the organization on statistical and business perspectives on new approaches, such as testing hypotheses and statistical validation of results. Helps the organization understand the principles and the decision science behind the process to drive organizational buy-in.
- Manage teams of consultants from external partner organisations to ensure quality delivery of analytics solutions
- Proficiency in statistical analysis, quantitative analytics, forecasting/ predictive analytics, multivariate testing, and optimization algorithms
- The ability to translate broadly defined business problems into specific analytics problem statements and create projects plan to execute the same
- Strong programming skills (R or Python or both) and statistical modelling experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to translate
- Ability to evaluate model applicability, identify pitfalls, perform robust testing and deploy production-ready solutions
- Knowledge of consumer products industry or relevant domain will be an added bonus but is not a pre-requisite
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor degree in mathematics, statistics or computer science or related field from tier 1 institute
- Master’s degree / MBA preferred – tier 1 institutes
- 4-7 years of relevant analytics experience.
- Proficiency in the use of statistical modelling packages
- Advanced Excel & SQL capability
- Experience in cloud engineering & exposure to cloud environments will be preferred, although not mandatory