Our client, a global asset management firm, is looking for a Quantitative Researcher for their Taiwan office.
The candidate will be responsible for independently conducting quantitative financial research with a focus on statistical and predictive models.
He/She will manage all aspects of the research process including methodology selection, data collection and analysis, testing, prototyping, backtesting, and performance monitoring.
- M.S., Ph.D., or Ph.D. candidates in finance, computer science, mathematics, physics, or another quantitative discipline.
- Programming in any of the following: C++, C#, Java, or Python.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Keen interest in quantitative research and metrics-driven decision making.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct independent research utilizing large data sets.
- Passion for spotting trends in data
Willingness to take ownership of his/her work, working both independently and within a small team.
Ability to work under pressure.
Prior experience developing, researching, or implementing quantitative models for equities is preferred, but not required. The firm will provide training for new researchers without finance backgrounds.