Our client, an investment management firm is looking for a Senior Business Analyst for their Pune office
The Lead Business Analyst will be representing Operational business stakeholders’ interest in ensuring CTB project scope and objectives are clearly understood. This will be pivotal in identifying comprehensive operational project requirements across all post-trade processing departments. It’s the business analyst’s role to ensure operational business requirements are documented in an articulate and unambiguous manner to facilitate user sign off and a smooth transition to IT counterparts for functional solutioning. CTB projects will vary from full front to back implementations, and to focused departmental re-engineering across a variety of financial products such as equity, FICC, and potentially other derivatives products. Involvement in another project best practices such as helping assess and defining operational control models will also be expected. This is a hand’s on role where communication, stakeholder engagement and working to tight deadlines will be instrumental in pursuing a successful career within the firm.
- Manage user engagement across all regional (possibly global) operational departments.
- Conduct whiteboard sessions and other effective means to garner holistic, cohesive user requirements.
- Ensure project objectives and scope are clearly understood and documented by all operational functions.
- Documentation of “As Is” vs “To Be” process flows.
- Assess and document user requirements at a level of quality that facilitates user sign off.
- Participate in IT engagement, ensuring user requirements are understood.
- Facilitate formal handover of user requirements allowing technology teams to produce functional specifications
- Participate in CTB operational control model discussions
- Contribute ideas as to how the process of requirements gathering can be optimized.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with key stakeholders across IT & operations.
- Ensure targeted milestone dates are met.
Skills and Experience
- 10+ years of business analysis experience
- Solid understanding of front to back equity processes
- Prior exposure to a wide range of financial instruments
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Previous experience in presenting to senior key stakeholders
- Ability to illustrate and present workflows
- Have a solid understanding in most facets of operational processing such as trade capture, settlement, asset servicing, reconciliations and reference data.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders and colleagues on tasks and initiatives in an assertive and proactive manner.
Educational / Professional Qualifications
- Degree qualified in a relevant discipline.
- Professional certification in Business Analysis would be an added advantage.