We are currently assisting our client, an AI-Powered 'Smart' In-Restaurant tech in hiring a top Sr Data Scientist for their Bangalore office.
- Master degree/Ph.D. in highly mathematical and computing and/or business domains
- 5+ year(s) work experience
- Course work in statistics, machine learning, data science, artificial intelligence
- Extensive Data Science solutions experience: taking a business problem and fitting the Data Science theory and methods to solve it
- Hands on experience playing around with big datasets, building models, putting them into production and creating business impact
- Extensive experience on SQL and its flavors
- In-depth knowledge and experience of Python and R programming, Big data technologies and cloud concept
- Must have executed numerous high business impact Machine Learning / Data Science assignments in a corporate setting and building the infrastructure of systems to productionize them
- Understanding of parallel processing in training models and executing data analysis projects in Python and R programming
- High proficiency with ML techniques and the mathematics behind them: Linear Regression, Logistic Regression, Random Forest, Decision Trees, Gradient Boosting Methods, Neural Networks, Deep Learning, Time series algorithms, Clustering
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests, and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications
- High proficiency with Python libraries: Pandas, SciPy, SKLearn, Numpy, Tensorflow, Keras, PyTorch
- Ability to understand research papers and take ideas presented in them and adopt to solve problems at hand
- Able to logically breakdown problems into incremental milestones.
- Identify bottlenecks and work around them.
- Highly curious, self-starter and can work with minimum supervision and guidance.
- Excellent written & oral communication and interpersonal skills, with a high degree of comfort working in teams.
- Prior work experience in consumer businesses, such as retail, travel, and hospitality preferred.