We are currently assisting our client, a global asset manager in their search for a Senior Equity Research Analyst - Emerging Markets in Hong Kong.
The role holder will be responsible for developing and influencing the group’s Emerging Market strategies by conducting the fundamental (quantitative and qualitative) analysis of stocks, issuing target prices and trade recommendations. Ultimately, the role is designed to support portfolio management activity with superior stock selection and in the context of regional and global mandates and to contribute to sector and country allocation decisions.
This role will be a standalone analyst position based in Hong Kong, and therefore, the successful candidate will need to be comfortable working independently, while at the same time taking a proactive approach to interacting with the wider research team and other internal clients across the global EM platform.
- Initiate, perform and maintain autonomously high-fundamental analysis of publicly traded companies to assess the suitability of stocks for inclusions in the portfolios in the sector under coverage
- Utilize analysis to formulate investment ideas and clearly articulate it to the Portfolio managers for inclusion in the Portfolio. This includes generating and diligently communicating value added buy, sell or hold recommendations on individual securities and other relevant information to the portfolio
- Maintain accurate and timely documentation of all research performed including proper documentation updated on the required platform
- Support asset gathering effort as required
- Update and share with other areas such the Sales team, and Product Specialist about the latest news in the Sector of coverage
- Master in Economics, Finance or similar degree. CFA or equivalent
- Major or specific degree in Accounting, Audit or related discipline desirable
- Previous experience in the asset management industry essential
- At least 5 years’ experience in Equity Research
- Has demonstrated a consistent level of performance