We are currently assisting our client, On-demand logistics company in their search for a Software Engineering Team Lead - Customer Applications in Hong Kong.
For the Team Lead role, you must have all the below-listed experience:
- Hands-on mobile development experience in the past in either iOS or Android (at least 3 years of fully hands-on in the past).The Team Lead will perform 50% hands-on and 50% management in the role, so must come from a solid technical background.
- Must have lead experience in the cross-functional team. Not only limited in leading iOS or Android developer but also lead for backend/frontend/ full stack / QA in the past, at least 2 years of team leading experience
Please find below the detailed JD to this role :
What you will do:
- Drive the customer-facing Apps and web solutions
- Set your team’s vision and goals based on the roadmap
- Full responsibility for the end-to-end delivery success
- Build your team for success.
- Manage resource & people aspects of the software delivery team
- Optimize resource allocation, ramp-up, and ramp-downs
- Coach, the mentor, motivate and supervise team members
- Foster a collaborative and self-organized environment through coaching and mentoring
- Collaborate with Senior Management and Product Management to anticipate skill and capacity needs
- Drive a high quality and high-performance culture
- Drive a ‘results over processes’ culture
- Escalation management: act as primary contact of escalations of any kind
- Drive continuous process improvements
- Hands-on Android or iOS App developer
What we are looking for:
- 3+ years’ experience in iOS or Android app development
- 1+ years of experience in leading/mentoring/developing/coaching people & teams
- Strong in tactics, ability to derive tactics from the "big picture"
- Strong hands-on software engineering skills
- Architectural skills are of advantage
- Experience with working in an agile environment
- Ability to quickly understand current and state of the art technologies and software engineering processes/frameworks
- Great communication and presentation skills